Help Us Find the Nation's Greatest Pickups!

Please submit photos and videos you have taken of interesting pickup trucks to us at pickupnation@gmail.com!

Monday, November 19, 2012

The Moonshine Festival

Each year in Dawsonville, Georgia, the town celebrates its heritage - a colorful one filled with moonshine and fast cars - with a festival. Last Saturday I attended the Moonshine Festival for the first time, and I found the biggest car show I've ever seen. The cars and trucks (but especially the trucks) I saw there were breathtaking. There was also quite a variety, as the reader will soon see.

But before I even got out of the parking lot, this guy pulled in and I couldn't help but stare in amazement (not the good kind of amazement, either):


Still, it's not my place to judge, and he had a good looking girl in the passenger's seat, so why not? But then, just as I was starting to feel all accepting of pickup trucks gone astray, I turned my head and saw this:


So many questions. And I don't want to hear the answers.

Now on to the show! Here's the great rat rod featured on our facebook page:


Trucks like this have become popular recently. Since they're show trucks, I approve. Here's a Ford with the same wheels:


 Eight ball on the steering wheel, grenade welded to a piece of rebar for a gearshift, broken window...okay, this truck is cool. I admit it:


This was one of the goofier entries, but not the most out of place Nissan I saw the whole day...


This truck was the most out of place Nissan, or anything for that matter, that I saw the whole day:



This one's for sale, $11,500 I think:


This one isn't part of the show, but it goes to show that you can have a silly looking dually and still tow something with it:


 '40 Ford:


Clean Chevy:


An International Harvester - one of a kind (it does have a front right wheel, too):


Here's a really nice Chevy Apache (note the split rear window of the International Harvester behind it):


I found Papa Smurf under the hood of this truck:


I have no idea what make this rat rod used to be, but its name, shown on the door, is "Moon's Shine" and it was a crowd favorite:


Here's an old PLV, the first generation Ford Ranchero:


I took a picture of this because it's what I'm sick of seeing on the road and now it's at a car show:


I don't know if this rolling distillery works:


And I'm not sure what's going on here:


Here's the only Dodge truck I saw:


Here's a rat rod with a lighter attitude:


This guy wasn't in the show, but he continued the trend of making me scratch my head:


And one more PLV for good measure...or is this a pickup truck?


No comments:

Post a Comment